God was said to have given Moses Ten Commandments that the people of Israel were to live by.
In the Philosophy of Science of Mind, we do not believe in an outside Sky God nor in telling others what to think or to do. God is an indwelling Presence. We are all open to Divine intuition and guidance at all times. We believe in the metaphorical value of the Bible.
This morning I felt the prompting to look up the Ten Commandments and read them over. I felt the prompting to give them a metaphorical spin. I will list the Exodus version first and my version after. Enjoy!
1. “I am the Lord thy God. You should have no other gods before me.”
1. I do not live in the bondage of false gods: lack, poverty, sickness. My True Nature is Divine and Perfect. Perfect God in me is me. Knowing this, I am free from bondage.
2. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
3. “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.”
3. I will not speak words that have no meaning to me, uttering affirmations without belief. I will back my word with belief and passion. I understand the power of my word goes out and is demonstrated. I will dig deeply to build my faith and use the power of my Word with Love.
4. “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work.
4. I will take the time to replenish myself and feed my soul with fun and relaxation. I live a balanced life.
5. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.”
5. I honor the Father/Mother God in all of creation. I see God in everyone and everything. There is not a spot where God is not.
6. “You shall not murder.”
6. Because I see God in everyone and everything, I respect everyone and everything. I would not harm another, nor would I murder their dreams and aspirations. I give love and encouragement to everyone, and see them in their highest and best states at all times.
7. “You shall not commit adultery.”
7. I am sufficient with God. I do not need illicit affairs with things that do not serve my highest good. Nothing has power over me for God is everything as me. I live in integrity.
8. “You shall not steal.”
8. I share the world with others. I know there is plenty for everyone. I do not need to hoard my own things, or take what belongs to another, whether it be an idea or a physical thing. There is plenty of inspiration within me. I have all that I require and more. I am emerged in Infinite Mind.
9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
9. I do not gossip. I only see the highest and best in all. If I can’t say something nice about someone, I don’t say anything at all.
10. “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
10. I don’t compare myself to others. I know I am sufficient within myself. God as me has all I require. I am perfect right where I am.
Have a great day! I love you!
Love, Love, Love,